How to Get Free Cell Phone Minutes From Kroger Grocery Storesby Contributor
Cell phone contracts are getting more and more expensive, and that means that consumers are looking for alternatives to being locked into the standard long-term contract. One option is the i-wireless phone offered by Kroger grocery stores. And now, Kroger has provided a way for you to earn free cell phone minutes just for grocery shopping.
Purchase an i-wireless phone to be eligible for this program. Free cell phone minutes cannot be transferred to other cell phone providers. You can purchase i-wireless phones at any Kroger grocery store, or online at iwirelesshome.com.
Go to iwirelesshome.com and create an online user account once you get your phone. This will allow you to see information about your phone usage and how much you have accumulated toward your free phone minutes.
Call 611 from your i-wireless phone to register for the free phone rewards program. You will be asked to enter your shopper's card number located on the back of your shopper's card.
Spend $100 at any of the participating Kroger grocery stores and 20 free minutes will automatically be added to your phone plan. You will receive a text message when you have reached your $100 threshold notifying you of your free minutes. There is no time limit to meeting the $100 threshold, so anytime you meet it, you will receive the free minutes.
- check This offer is available at any participating Kroger Family grocery store.
- check Gasoline purchases are not included in the $100 purchase minimum. Other exclusions include alcohol, tobacco and gift card purchases.
- check To keep track of how much you have spent toward your reward goal, log in to your online i-wireless account. If you shop at Kroger, you can also look at the bottom of your Kroger bill to see your accumulation toward the gas reward. The dollar amount is the same as for the phone reward program.
- check You can use both the gasoline discount and free phone rewards for the same $100. You do not have to choose one program over the other.
- close As of September 2011, this program is not available through Food4Less grocery stores.
Items you will need
- photo_camera Jupiterimages/Pixland/Getty Images