How to Join Spokeoby William Lynch
Founded in 2006, Spokeo is an online people search platform that enables you to search for individuals by name, address, email, phone number or username. Spokeo collects information from all available public records to reconnect users with family members and lost friends; however, to take full advantage of the site's extensive search capabilities, users must join Spokeo as paying members.
Visit the official Spokeo website. Click on the "Join" link in the home page's top right corner.
Select your Spokeo membership plan. As of this article's writing, a Premium subscription costs about $4 per month, and users can join for three- or six-month terms, but Premium packages limit the number of searches per month. To get more searches, you may purchase a Business plan or an Enterprise plan for a higher fee.
Enter your payment information. You may pay by major credit card, debit card or PayPal. If paying by credit or debit card, you will need to supply the cardholder name, the card number, the card expiration date, the security code, the billing zip code and your email address, which will be used as your login.
Check the box to agree to Spokeo's terms and conditions.
Click the "Purchase & See Results" button to confirm your membership.
- check Spokeo offers a 100% guarantee. If the site can not generate results for your desired search, Spokeo states it will issue a full refund.
- check Small business owners and non-profit organizations may use Spokeo to research new clients or donors, helping to validate credentials and avoid potential fraud.
- check Performing telephone number searches may help identify telemarketers and potential scams.
- check Searching for your own name on Spokeo can help reveal your online footprint, helping you take the appropriate steps to protect your personal information and reduce your risk of identity theft.
- check Spokeo even searches public records for celebrities and other famous individuals. Browsing search results for actors, athletes and musicians can provide interesting insight into your favorite personalities.
- close Spokeo does not access secure or private financial information and prohibits members from using the site for credit, insurance or tenant screening.
- close Spokeo prohibits members from using the site for employee screening.
- close Spokeo does not provide consumer reports or credit reports on individuals and prohibits any actions in violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- photo_camera Comstock/Comstock/Getty Images