How to Find Out If My Husband Has an Internet Dating Profileby Michelle Carvo ; Updated October 05, 2017
Is your husband cheating on you? One way to find out is to check if your husband has an internet dating profile. You can check this by using a few different methods.
Check Ashley Madison Data Breach
One option for finding out whether or not your husband has an internet dating profile is to check the Ashley Madison member database. Ashley Madison is an internet dating website aimed at married people who want to find another person to cheat with. This database was posted publicly to sites like checkashleymadison.com in 2015 when Ashley Madison’s data was breached. You can type in your husband’s email address to see if any matches come up. If any matches are found then it means your husband may have had an Ashley Madison dating profile. The leaked data was not verified by the company, so a match is not absolute proof that your husband had an account.
Note that the data from the database is accurate as of 2015, so you will not be able to see any profiles created since then. You can check for newer profiles by creating a profile on a site.
Create a Profile on a Site
Many dating websites allow you to create a profile for free. You can create a profile on a site and then use it to see if your husband has his own active profile on the site.
Some Dos and Don’ts for Creating a Profile:
- Don’t use a picture. You may be tempted to use another person’s picture to cover your true identity, but this may get you in trouble if you are discovered posing as someone that you are not.
- Don’t use your real age, hair, or any other identifying information on your profile. If your husband does have a profile and if you look at his profile, he may be able to see that your profile has viewed his. If your profile contains any unique information then this can tip him off that you are checking up on him. You should use a slightly different age, height, weight and listed profession to keep your profile as hard to track back to you as possible.
- Do sign up for multiple sites. There are many sites that your husband may have an internet dating profile on including Plenty of Fish, OKCupid, eHarmony, Match, Ashley Madison and Adult Friend Finder. You should create profiles on each of these to perform a thorough search for your husband.
- Do search for profiles in a wide age range. It is possible that your husband may have used a different age than his real age to keep people he knows from finding him on the internet dating site. You should search for a wider age range (i.e. 30-45 if your husband is 34) to make sure you find any profiles that your husband might have.
Check for Apps/Email on Smartphone
If your husband allows you to use his smartphone, then you can check his phone to see if he has any suspicious dating apps installed. Look for apps such as Tinder, POF, Match, OKCupid, Coffee Meets Bagel, Hinge, Bumble and Happn. These are all exclusively dating apps. Check all folders on the phone as sometimes these apps may be hidden in folders.
You can also open his email app and check for emails from the dating apps or sites mentioned above. He should not be receiving emails from these sites unless he has a dating profile with them.
It is important to remember that you should not check your husband’s smartphone unless he has allowed you to use it as you can get into trouble for using his device without his permission.
- photo_camera David De Lossy/Photodisc/Getty Images