How to Make MP3 Player Wirelessby Amanda C. Kooser
MP3 players are popular portable audio devices for taking music, audiobooks and podcasts with you on the go. Wired headphones are the norm for use with MP3 players, but the wires can get tangled up or snagged while wearing them. Any MP3 player can be made wireless by attaching a Bluetooth audio jack adapter and using Bluetooth earphones. This kind of adapter can also be used with Bluetooth speakers.
Turn on the [Bluetooth](https://itstillworks.com/13579495/what-is-bluetooth) adapter and the Bluetooth headphones or speakers by holding down the power button on each for a few seconds until the indicator light starts to blink.
Wait for the devices to pair. This can take up to a minute. Often the lights on both devices will blink until connected, at which point the light will be steady.
Connect the Bluetooth adapter to the 3.5mm audio jack on the MP3 player. Check that the jack is entirely inserted.
Turn on the MP3 player and play a track. You may need to adjust the volume on both the MP3 player and the headphones or speakers.
- The Bluetooth adapter and headset may be available together as a package.
- Some MP3 players don't use a standard 3.5mm audio jack and you may need to use an adapter to connect the Bluetooth adapter.
Items you will need
- MP3 player
- Audio jack Bluetooth adaptor
- Stereo Bluetooth headset or Bluetooth speakers
- Charley Steward/Demand Media