How to Block Someone From Calling My Cricket Phoneby Michelle CarvoUpdated October 05, 2017
How you block someone from calling your Cricket phone depends on the type of Cricket device you have. Call blocking options exist for most Cricket devices.
Block Callers Through Cricket
Unlike many other wireless carriers, you can’t block unwanted calls using Cricket’s website or through its support phone number. Cricket does not offer its own call blocking service and instead encourages customers to use the Hiya app to block calls or text messages. You can download this app for your iOS or Android device by visiting the link in the Resources section.
You can filter out spammers, block callers and use caller ID with the Hiya app. The Hiya app is free to use but data charges may apply, according to Cricket.
Block Callers on Your Cricket iPhone
If you use an iPhone on Cricket then you can block callers through the built-in iOS call block feature. Callers will not know that they have been blocked by you, as their calls will ring once and then go straight to voicemail. You will not receive any calls from blocked callers, but you can see voicemails left by blocked callers by going to your iPhone’s voicemail app. Voicemail messages from blocked callers are stored in a separate folder.
Block callers on your iPhone running iOS 7 through 11 by doing the following:
- Tap the “Phone” app and then tap “Recent.” Tap the “i” icon next to the caller that you would like to block.
- Scroll down and then tap the “Block this Caller” button. Tap “Block” to block the caller. All calls, texts and FaceTime calls will be blocked from this number.
iPhones running older versions of iOS do not have the built-in block feature. You can use a third-party app such as Hiya, Mr. Number or Truecaller instead.
Block Callers on Your Cricket Android Device
How to block callers on your Cricket Android device depends entirely on what version of Android you are running. You can check this by tapping “Settings” and then “About Phone.” Look for the version of Android currently installed, for example, 6.3, and then refer to the specific instructions below.
Block Callers on Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Tap the “Dialer” app on your Android’s screen and then tap “Settings.”
- Tap the “Call blocking” option in Settings and then tap “Add a Number.”
- Type in the number that you would like to block and then tap “Block” to block all calls and texts from this number. You must enter the number manually.
Block Callers on Android 6.x and Below
Android phones running the stock version of Android 6.x or lower do not have a built-in call-blocking feature. You can block calls with a call blocking app, however. Hiya, Truecaller, Call Blocker, Call Control and Extreme Call Blocker are all examples of well regarded Android apps that can block callers on Cricket Android devices.
- call-center image by Yvonne Bogdanski from Fotolia.com