How to Use a Microsoft Wireless Mouse Receiver 1.0by Andrew Mikael
The Microsoft Wireless Mouse receiver version 1.0 allows you to connect a Microsoft Wireless mouse through your computer's USB port. Most Microsoft wireless mice work with Windows 2000 and later as well as Mac operating systems, though they require different drivers.
Remove any conflicting mouse software from your computer. Certain third-party software can hinder the use of your Microsoft mouse. Uninstall the software by selecting it in the "Programs and Features" or "Add or Remove Programs" menu in the "Control Panel," depending on which version of Windows you have installed. For Mac operating systems, drag the program icon to the trash.
Download Microsoft's Intellipoint mouse drivers. From the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard web page, select your product, operating system and language, then click "Go" to navigate to the download page.
Run the downloaded file to install the driver.
Plug the receiver into an unused USB port on the computer. Place the receiver in a location close to the area where you wish to use the mouse, with an unobstructed line of sight.
Insert batteries into the wireless mouse, and synchronize the device with the receiver. For most Microsoft mice, press the button on the receiver, then press the "Connect Channel" button on the mouse. The receiver light will glow green to verify synchronization. Some products require no synchronization or have other methods. See the product's manual for specific information.
- close Some receivers work only with the mouse packaged with them and will not connect to other Microsoft mice.
Items you will need
- link Microsoft Support:Troubleshoot a wireless mouse that does not function correctly
- link Windows: Uninstall or change a program
- link Microsoft Support: How to change or remove a program in Windows XP
- link Microsoft: Download Mouse and Keyboard Software
- link Microsoft Support: Troubleshoot response failures in wireless keyboard or mouse
- photo_camera mouse image by rafalwit from Fotolia.com