How to Use Vizio Netflix Controlsby Anthony Oster
Vizio's line of Internet-enabled TVs can instantly stream movies and television shows directly to your TV, without any additional equipment. The Netflix app is available for download on Vizio's VIA service and comes installed on select TVs. Netflix operates in a similar fashion as your favorite DVDs and Blu-ray discs, enabling you to fast-forward, rewind, skip scenes and pause movies. The search function enables you to search for new movies and television shows. To use the Netflix App, your TV must be connected to the Internet and you must enter your TV's activation code in your Netflix account.
Press the "Vizio Internet Apps" button on your TV's remote control, then select the Netflix application and press "OK" to confirm. Some Vizio models have buttons dedicated to apps such as Netflix and Hulu. You can launch the Netflix app by pressing the "Netflix" button on these remotes. An activation code will display on your screen the first time that you run the app. This code is used to verify your account online.
Visit the Netflix activation website (see Resources) and enter your activation code to enable the Netflix app on your TV.
Select a title from the available categories of movies and television shows with the cursor buttons on your remote and press "OK" to play your selection.
Press the AV control buttons to play, fast-forward, rewind, pause or stop your selection at any time. Press the "Back" button to return to the Netflix menu.
- Though Vizio offers many Wi-Fi-enabled TVs, wired Internet connections tend to be faster and more stable than wireless connections. Connect your Vizio to your router with an Ethernet cable if possible for improved video quality.
- Netflix enables its users to access standard Netflix or Netflix for Kids, which yields kid-friendly search results and programming.
- Netflix: Connect Vizio TV to Your Netflix Account
- Vizio: LCD HDTV With Vizio Internet Apps M420SV / M470SV / M550SV Quick Start Guide
- Vizio: Theater 3D LCD HDTV With Vizio Internet Apps E3D320VX / E3D420VX / E3D470VX Quick Start Guide
- Vizio: Vizio Smart TVs and Accessories with Vizio Internet Apps
- PCMag.com: Vizio Adds Vudu, Netflix Buttons to Remotes