How to Use an LED to Kill Bacteriaby eHow Computers EditorUpdated July 21, 2017
LED lights, or light emitting diodes, can be used to kill bacteria. Many studies have been done proving the effectiveness of LED lights to kill bacteria and treat acne, mouth sores from chemotherapy and diabetic wounds. The light from LEDs benefit those with continuing problems, like acne treatments.
Research the various LED products that are on the market for your particular need. Some LED lights that are used to kill bacteria are very small and cover only a small area; they are very effective when treating one small wound area like mouth sores. Other LED lights used to kill bacteria cover a larger area and are effective in treating the whole face with acne.
Buy the right type of LED lights to kill bacteria. LED lights need to be exceedingly bright in order to kill bacteria, so make sure you buy the bacteria killing light from a reputable dealer with a good reputation. Red LED and blue LED will both kill bacteria, but the best kind of LED light to buy is one that combines red and blue LED light.
Use the LED light according to directions. Every manufacturer of LED bacteria killing lights has specific directions, based on the type and intensity of the LED light they use. The higher the intensity of the light, the less time is necessary to kill bacteria. Some LED light kits need only be used twice a week to kill bacteria, while others need to be used daily.
Always protect your eyes when using LED bacteria killing light. Never use the LED light longer than the manufacturer suggests, you can irritate the skin and make the condition worse.
- Always protect your eyes when using LED bacteria killing light.
- Never use the LED light longer than the manufacturer suggests, you can irritate the skin and make the condition worse.