How to Use Google Phone Information 411by braniac
If you need information about businesses or attractions in any city it is just a phone call away through Google's phone information line.
Call 1-800-GOOG-411 or 1-800-466-4411 You can call from virtually any phone including land lines, cell phones, or VoIp phones. Currently the service will not work from a pay phone.
The google automated voice will ask "What business name or category?" and "What city and state?" Say the business name or say the business type. For example you can say Pizza Hut or Restaurant: Albany, New York.
At any time you can say "go back" to go back one step. You can say "start over" to start a new search. You can also search by zip code. You can say or enter the zip code with the keypad.
You will then be given the results of the search. If you used a business category or if there is more than one listing of the requested business you will be provided a list of the top 8 listings. You will be told the business name and the address.
The message will keep cycling through the listing until you do something. At this point you can press the number of the listing you want (1-8) and you will be directly connect for free. You can say "help" to get help or "details" to be provided with more information.
- If you have a cell phone and can receive text messages, you can say "text message" to receive a text listing.
- If you have a cell phone you can say "map it" and receive a map link on your phone.
- If you want to block your caller ID with most cell phones you can press
- 67 before you dial the number
- This service is only available in the USA and Canada