How to Unsubscribe From MSNBC RSS Feedby Irene A. Blake
As of July 2011, you can subscribe to two Really Simply Syndication feeds on the msnbc.com homepage -- MSNBC - Top Stories and MSNBC - Most Viewed -- as well as a wide variety of other feeds through individual MSNBC news channels. When you no longer want to review recently updated MSNBC content and maintain the subscription to a specific MSNBC feed, you can quickly unsubscribe through your browser's RSS feed or bookmarks settings.
Internet Explorer Feeds
Open Internet Explorer on your computer. Click the "Favorites" button and select the "Feeds" tab.
Right-click the name of the MSNBC feed that you want to unsubscribe from and then select the "Delete" option from the drop-down menu that appears.
Click the "Yes" button when "Are you sure you want to delete this feed? This will delete any items in this feed including associated enclosures" pops up on the screen.
Google Chrome Reader
Open Google Chrome. Click the "Google Reader Notifier Options" button and then the "Open Google Reader" link.
Highlight the MSNBC feed in the "Subscriptions" section on the left sidebar with your cursor, click the down arrow that appears and click the "Unsubscribe" option on the menu; or click the MSNBC feed and in the Reader viewing pane on the right side of the screen, click "Feed Settings..." and select "Unsubscribe" from the drop-down menu.
Click the "OK" button when "Are you sure you'd like to unsubscribe from 'MSNBC'?" pops up on the screen.
Mozilla Firefox Live Bookmarks
Open Mozilla Firefox on your computer. Click the "Bookmarks" button on the toolbar. If you don't have the button added to the browser, click the "Bookmarks" menu.
Click the "+" to the right of "Bookmarks Toolbar" on the Bookmarks sidebar that opens; or highlight "Bookmarks Toolbar" on the Bookmarks drop-down menu to reveal the submenu and the bookmarks you've saved.
Right-click the MSNBC folder and select "Delete" from the drop-down menu to remove the bookmark and unsubscribe from the feed.
- check In Internet Explorer, you can also unsubscribe from an MSNBC feed by right-clicking it on the Favorites bar, selecting "Delete" and then "Yes" when prompted.
- check Another way to unsubscribe in the Google Reader includes the following: Click the "Manage Subscriptions" link at the bottom of the "Subscriptions" section to open the Settings screen, select the box to the left of the MSNBC feed you no longer want, click the "Unsubscribe" button and then click "OK" when prompted.
- check You can also unsubscribe from the MSNBC feed in Firefox in the Library window. Select "Show All Bookmarks" on the Bookmarks menu, right-click on the MSNBC folder on the left side of the Library window and select "Delete" from the options.
- close Sometimes you can't see the boxes to check a feed that you want to unsubscribe from in the Google Reader Settings area. If this happens, close the Reader and Chrome, reopen Chrome and the Reader and try again.
- close You can't delete individual Firefox Live Bookmark entries, only the MSNBC feed folder.
- close Firefox doesn't ask if you want to delete an MSNBC RSS feed folder.