How to Uninstall GoToMeeting
By Andrew Tennyson
Clearing unnecessary programs off of your computer can speed it up and help to remove clutter. You can uninstall GoToMeeting using the Programs and Features dialog which is part of the Control Panel on your Windows 8 computer. To completely remove all trace of GoToMeeting, consider also deleting any registry entries associated with the program. Proceed with caution. Editing your registry improperly can damage your computer.
Press the “Windows” key on your keyboard to load the Start screen. Alternatively, you can launch the Start screen by clicking the “Start” icon in the lower-left corner of your screen.
Right-click the GoToMeeting application icon. Icons are grouped together on the right side of the Start screen. You will know you’ve selected the application icon when a check mark appears in its upper-right corner.
Click the “Uninstall” icon located at the bottom of the Start screen to launch the Programs and Features dialog.
Verify that GoToMeeting is highlighted on the list of applications displayed on the Programs and Features dialog, and then click the “Uninstall/Change” button. The Uninstall/Change button is located at the top of the list of applications.
Follow the prompts to confirm that you want to uninstall GoToMeeting from your computer.
- To remove GoToMeeting registry entries, start by pressing “Windows-R” on your keyboard to launch the Run prompt. Enter “regedit.exe” in the Open field and press “OK” to launch the Registry Editor. Click “Yes” if asked to confirm whether you want to permit the program to make changes to your registry. Manually delete the following entries, where “X.X” is replaced by your version of GoToMeeting:
- *HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GoToMeeting X.X
- *HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GoToMeeting X.X
- If you’re using a Mac, uninstalling GoToMeeting differs somewhat. Start by opening the Finder application. Click the “Applications” button under the Favorites heading on the left of the Finder. Hold down the “Control” button on your keyboard, click “GoToMeeting” on the list of applications and then select “Send To Trash” on the pop-up menu to send the application to your trash bin. Control-click the trash bin in the dock and select “Empty Trash” to finish uninstalling GoToMeeting.
- You can also uninstall GoToMeeting on your Mac by dragging and dropping the application icon to the Trash and then emptying the trash.
Andrew Tennyson has been writing about culture, technology, health and a variety of other subjects since 2003. He has been published in The Gazette, DTR and ZCom. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in history and a Master of Fine Arts in writing.