How to Unblock Images in the Body of Yahoo! Mailby Andrew Tennyson
Yahoo Mail has a dedicated image filtration tool designed to stop images in emails from loading automatically when you open them. While this tool is handy for stopping spam, it can also block legitimate images. Visit the security settings section of your Yahoo Mail account to turn off the image blocker.
Visit the Yahoo or Yahoo Mail website, sign in to your account and click the “Mail” tab on the main menu, if it’s not already selected.
Click the “Settings” button and select “Settings” on the drop-down menu to load your email settings screen. The Settings icon resembles a mechanical gear or cog.
Select “Security” to load the security settings screen.
Click the “Show Images in Emails” drop-down menu and select “Always, except in Spam folder” to unblock images in the body of your Yahoo mail messages.
Click “Save” to save your changes.
- You can also block and unblock images in the Yahoo Mail app for iOS and Android mobile devices (links in Resources). Launch the app, open the Settings panel and toggle the virtual “Block Images” switch on or off to enable and disable image blocking in the body of incoming emails.
- Keep in mind that blocking images helps to prevent spam. Spammers often use images in emails because they can track whether the images are viewed. If an image is viewed, the spammer knows you opened the email, which makes him more likely to send you further emails.
- To turn image blocking back on, visit the security settings screen again, click the “Show Images in Emails” drop-down menu and this time select “Never by Default.” Remember to click “Save” to apply your changes.
- Depending on the generation of Yahoo Mail you’re using, the Settings menu may be labeled “Actions.”
- altrendo images/Stockbyte/Getty Images