How to Transfer Music From PC to iPhoneby Spanner Spencer
Although the iPhone's primary function is as a smartphone, it is also a powerful multimedia player. You can transfer videos, e-books, photos and music from your PC to your iPhone and play these files back directly on the device while out and about. The iTunes multimedia management software acts as a conduit between your PC and iPhone, allowing you to build a library of music on your computer and seamlessly sync it to your device.
Launch iTunes on your PC and click the "Help" menu. Select "Check for Updates" and allow any available updates to install. If requested, restart your PC to complete the iTunes update.
Drag and drop your music files from a folder on your PC into the Library section at the top of the left column in iTunes. ITunes processes the tracks and adds them to your library.
Click the "+" icon that represents the "Create a Playlist" button at the bottom of the left column. Enter a name for the new playlist.
Click "Music" in the Library section. A list of your entire iTunes music library is displayed in the main iTunes window. Drag and drop tracks from the library onto the entry for your new playlist in the Playlists section or into other existing playlists.
Connect your iPhone to your PC using its USB cable. ITunes detects the iPhone and adds it to the Devices section.
Select your iPhone from the Devices list and open the "Music" tab in the main iTunes window. Check the "Sync Music" box.
Check the "Entire Music Library" radio button if you want to sync all the tracks in your iTunes music library to your iPhone.
Click the "Selected Playlists, Artists, Albums and Genres" radio button if you only want to sync selected music from your library. Check the boxes next to any items displayed in the Music tab that you want to sync to your iPhone.
Click the "Sync" button in the lower right corner of the iTunes window. Your selected music is transferred to your iPhone.
- check Creating a playlist doesn't duplicate the files on your PC. It only identifies existing files as part of the playlist.
- check Deleting a playlist from iTunes does not remove the songs in the playlist from your iTunes library or from your PC. However, the associated songs will be removed from your iPhone along with the playlist, unless they are part of another playlist that has not been deleted.
- check A single track can be added to as many playlists as you like.
- check Deleting synced music from your iPhone does not delete it on your PC.
- check This process is identical for the iPad and iPod Touch.
Items you will need
- photo_camera Ablestock.com/AbleStock.com/Getty Images