How to Sync Multiple iPhonesby Avery Martin
Your computer's iTune library serves as the central docking location for all of your Apple devices. If you want to sync different information to different iPhones, iTunes recognizes the device and ensures that the information you want selected for each iPhone gets synced only on that device. It doesn't matter if you have several iPhones: individual preferences can be set for each. This makes it possible to keep your iPhones synced using a single computer library as the central hub for all of your information.
Connect each iPhone to your computer using a USB connector cable. Launch iTunes.
Select the iPhone you want to sync from the Devices section. Navigate to each tab and select the sync options for each category. Click "Apply" before moving to the next section.
Navigate through each of the available tabs and change your personal sync settings for the iPhone.
Click on the "Summary" tab and then click "Sync."
Click on the next iPhone in your Devices section and complete Steps 1 through 4 for each iPhone in your list.
- If you have more than one iPhone, you can connect all of the devices at the same time. Each device shows up in the Devices section of iTunes. You'll need a wireless connection or a separate USB cable, and a free USB port on your computer for each iPhone.
- To sync over WiFi, connect each iPhone to a power source. Tap "Settings," then "General" and then "iTunes WiFi Sync." Tap the "Sync Now" button on each iPhone to begin syncing with your computer.
- When navigating through each sync category, you can select different options and even select individual items for the Music, Apps, TV Shows and Photos sections.
- You can only sync one device at a time. Wait for one device to finish syncing before syncing the next iPhone.
- Creatas Images/Creatas/Getty Images