How to Set Up Your Logitech Webcam for Use on Facebookby Kefa Olang
With a Logitech webcam, you can video chat with family and friends on Facebook; but first, the webcam must be installed and set up properly. Face-to-face communication on Facebook can enhance the power of social networking, and setting up your Logitech webcam for use on Facebook is the prelude to an exciting way of communication. Using a guided process, you'll be up and running making videos calls in no time.
Position your Logitech webcam on top of your monitor. Logitech's webcams come with a built-in clamp to fit most standard monitors. Mounting the webcam varies by model, so check the user manual for your device for proper instructions.
Insert the installation CD supplied with the webcam into your computer's optical drive and run the setup program to launch the installation wizard. Follow the guided prompts in the wizard. When prompted, connect the webcam's USB cable to a USB port on the computer. Wait for the program to recognize the webcam, and then follow the remaining prompts to complete the installation.
Angle the Logitech webcam so that it is facing you. If the webcam comes with a swivel, rotate it until the lens is pointed directly at you.
Sign in to your Facebook account and click the "Call" button at the top of your friend's timeline (profile). When prompted, click the "Install" button to set up video calling. The Facebook video-calling file is downloaded to your computer. Double-click the file to install the video-calling application. When the installation is complete, click the "Call" button and wait for the other person to answer.
- Download and install the latest Logitech webcam software from Logitech's website if you do not have an installation CD (link in Resources).
- To video chat with a friend on Facebook, the person must be online. Check the Chat box on the right side to see who's online.
- You can also video chat with a friend on Facebook by clicking the friend's name in the Chat box and clicking the "Video" icon in the conversation box.
- Do not connect the Logitech webcam to your computer until the software prompts you to do so; otherwise, you may experience connectivity problems.
- Stockbyte/Stockbyte/Getty Images