How to Save My Contacts to My SIM Cardby Kammy Pow
The subscriber identity module card is a 128-kilobyte microchip used to store the service books and mobile service authentication information for GSM, or global systems mobile communications, phones sold by cellular carriers such as AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile. SIM cards are also capable of storing text messages, contact names and phone numbers for backup or to transfer between phones. In order to use the SIM card for these purposes, you will need to get an activated card from your cellular carrier, insert it into your cell phone and copy your contacts to the card.
Insert an Activated SIM Card Into the Phone
Power off the phone.
Flip the phone over and remove the back cover and then remove the battery.
Gently slip the SIM card into the SIM card slot, straight edge first and with the label side facing up, until the card clicks into place.
Replace the battery and the cover.
Export Contacts to a SIM Card on Android with an App
Launch the Android's Play Store.
Enter the keywords "copy SIM" in the search tool and tap on the magnifying glass to begin the search. Three apps that export contacts to the SIM card are Copy to Sim, Copy Contacts and Contact2Sim Pro.
Download and install the SIM contact app.
Launch the SIM contact app.
Select the contacts on the phone to export. Then press the "Menu" key and choose "Copy selected to SIM," "Copy to SIM" or "Export to SIM."
Export Contacts on Select Android Phones to a SIM Card
Go to home screen and touch the "Contacts" icon.
Touch the "Menu" key and select the "Import/Export" option.
Select "Export to SIM card" and then choose the contacts to copy. Touch "Export" and then touch "Yes" to begin copying your contacts to the SIM card. This exports the contacts as a group vCard -- .vcf file -- to the SIM.
Exit the contacts application.
Export Contacts on a BlackBerry to a SIM Card
Open the "Contacts" app.
Open the contact's information. Place the cursor on the contact's telephone number and press the "Menu" button.
Select the option "Copy to SIM Phone Book."
Click on the "Menu" button and select "Save." Close the contacts app.
Export Contacts on Other Phones to a SIM Card
Open the phone's address book or contacts app.
Select and view the contact's information.
Open the address book's menu function and select "Copy Contacts From Phone to SIM." Save the new uploaded information and continue with another contact or exit the address book.
- If your SIM card becomes locked, do not attempt to unlock it by pressing random PIN numbers. Call your cellular carrier and request that they provide the PUC or PUK, or personal unblocking code or key. Entering PIN numbers unsuccessfully will block your card and require the purchase of a new SIM card.
- IPhones do not provide the capability of copying your contacts to the SIM card. In order to do this, you must download an app from the iTunes Store, and some apps only work with jailbroken phones.
- Newer Android phones also require the installation of an app to manage the export of contacts to a SIM card.
- Redmond Pie: Copy and Save Contacts To and From SIM Card on a Jailbroken iPhone
- AT&T Wireless: An Overview of SIM Cards
- Samsung: Galaxy Ace Plus User Manual
- Verizon Wireless: Import/Export Contacts via SIM Card - Apple iPhone 4S
- Verizon Wireless: SIM Card - Inserting/Removing - Revolution by LG
- BlackBerry: BlackBerry Curve 9310/9320 Smartphones User Guide: Copy Contacts To and From SIM Card
- Nokia: Nokia C3-01 User Guide: Move or Copy Contacts to Your SIM Card
- George Doyle & Ciaran Griffin/Stockbyte/Getty Images