How to Get Rid of Registry Errors for Freeby Nicholas Wyatt
The computer registry makes a log of all of the actions your computer performs. This includes installs, uninstalls, system configuration settings as well as settings for your computer software and hardware. The registry can become corrupt at times when malicious files become installed into the registry. You can remove the registry errors yourself and return your computer to optimal performance without spending a dime.
Click "Start," "Run." Type in "regedit" and click "OK" or press the "Enter" key to launch the Windows Registry editor.
Locate registry entries in the "HKEY" sub directories. These are suspicious entries such as malware or viruses. Backup files before you delete them in case they are important system files.
Click on the specific registry entry. Select "Export" from the sub menu. This will keep a copy so you can restore it if you need to.
Click on the specific registry error. Choose "Delete" from the sub menu. Click "Yes" when prompted to confirm your choice.
- link Delete-Computer-History.COM: How To Fix PC Registry Problems
- link Windows Guides: How To Get Rid Of Windows Registry Problems; By Rich; July 9, 2008
- link Microsoft Support: How To Add, Modify, Or Delete Registry Subkeys And Values By Using A Registration Entries (.reg) File
- link Spywarevoid: How To Delete Registry Entries?
- link Final Uninstaller: How To Delete Registry Entries Manually