How to Remove DRM from Downloaded BBC iPlayer Programsby ContributorUpdated July 21, 2017
Daniusoft Media Converter Ultimate is a massive working platform which cuts in the scope of multimedia decoding & encoding, legitimate copyright circumventing, DVD decrypting & authoring, and media file transferring for personal use. It Integrates up to 6+ independent function units, like DRM removal; DVD ripper; DVD burner; media converter; ringtone maker; media transfer .etc.
BBC iPlayer is a service that lets you catch up with radio and television programs from the past week of BBC. With BBC iPlayer you can:
- Find and play programs (including TV Shows, the radio program, songs, Video on BBC) from the past seven days and watch them on the website through click to play (streaming).
- Download and stream HD programs. Access BBC iPlayer on certain mobile phones.
- Download programs onto your computer, if it supports BBC iPlayer Desktop.
Most TV programs are available to download from the BBC iPlayer site.
Beyond this convenience, there are also restrictions from BBC iPlayer. Programs are restricted to BBC iPlayer as "the technology is not compatible with any other media players." In general, programs are available for up to seven days after their original broadcast.
If you want to sync programs to portables devices like MP4 Players, Cell Phone, you'll also need a PC running Windows XP or Vista, with Windows Media Player 10 installed. Once the programs are downloaded, they will self destruct after 30 days because it is 'DRM License protected'. And once played you have up to seven days to finish watching the program.
BBC Content will be automatically deleted from your computer once its expiry date has been reached. If you are outside the UK and connected to the internet you can only listen live and listen again to most of our radio programs.
Why there are so many restrictions? According to BBC iPlayer Terms and Conditions No. 5, "in order to meet the BBC's obligations to rights holders, the BBC will embed downloadable BBC with digital rights management security." So we can see that it is DRM (Digital Right Management) protection that limits us for further using of these programs.
Is there a way to remove DRM protection from downloaded BBC iPlayer programs, such as DRM protected WMV MP4 video files, to make these programs DRM free and non seven or thirty day time limited so that we can save BBC contents permanently? Or can we covert BBC iPlayer programs to any portable devices like iPod, PSP, Zen, Walkman, etc? Or even can we burn the files downloaded from iPlayer to DVD disc?
The answer is definitely yes. By using DRM removal tools to remove the DRM header thing from videos downloaded off BBC iPlayer so that you can view them without time limitation and keep the videos permanently.
Daniusoft Media Converter Ultimate is the first DRM Removal program that can remove DRM protection from BBC iPlayer programs and convert BBC iPlayer programs to any portable devices or even burn onto DVD disc.
The following passage describes how to use Daniusoft Media Converter Ultimate to remove DRM protection from BBC iPlayer programs step by step:
Download Media Converter Ultimate from official website, install and start it for ready to rip the protection and convert.
- Click "Add" button to load the Music Video download from BBC iPlayer. A built-in media player is available for you to pre-listen source Video/Music file on the right.
- Choose the target output format you need, if you want to customize output setting, just Click "Settings", there will be a pop up window displaying the output settings parameter, such as formats, resolution, frame rate, bit rate etc
- Select output path and then start to convert.
After these simple three steps you have actually removed DRM protection from BBC iPlayer programs can freely to use them without any restrictions.
Apple iTunes supports file formats only in MOV/MP4/M4V, so you need to select suitable format if you want to transfer media to iTunes. Daniusoft Media Converter Ultimate is fully compatible with Windows XP, Vista 32 bit/64 bit, windows 7, and integrated full function of DRM removal, DVD Ripper, Video Converter, DVD Creator, Media Transfer, etc, with this multimedia processing Titan, an easy access to a simple yet convenient digital entertainment life is no more a dream.
Items you will need
Daniusoft Media Converter Ultimate
- Apple iTunes supports file formats only in MOV/MP4/M4V, so you need to select suitable format if you want to transfer media to iTunes.
- Daniusoft Media Converter Ultimate is fully compatible with Windows XP, Vista 32 bit/64 bit, windows 7, and integrated full function of DRM removal, DVD Ripper, Video Converter, DVD Creator, Media Transfer, etc, with this multimedia processing Titan, an easy access to a simple yet convenient digital entertainment life is no more a dream.