Playing the iPhone Through a Panasonic Blu-ray Playerby David Lipscomb
The iPhone, in addition to being a useful Web surfing and GPS tool, is also a portable media server. Select Panasonic Blu-ray systems allow direct connection of an iPhone, leveraging the device's storage and streaming capabilities. Connecting the iPhone is straightforward, with minimal initial setup. Once in place, the iPhone's direct connection to the Blu-ray player adds increased entertainment functionality to your home theater system.
Turn off the Panasonic Blu-ray player, or turn the main system volume all the way down.
Press down on the iPhone/iPod dock door, represented by an embossed triangle.
Snap the proper iPhone dock adapter firmly into the recess. Slide the Lighting connector adapter over the connector inside the player. Slide the iPhone into the dock. Docking the devices automatically reverts audio and video output through the dock connector on the device.
Turn the Blu-ray player and television on. Select the "iPod" input from the front panel of the player, or directly from the player's remote.
Press the "Status" button until either the "Music" or "Video" option is highlighted.
Press the up and down arrows on the front panel of the player or the remote control to scroll through playlists, songs or videos. Press "OK" to begin playback.
- Note that when connected, the Blu-ray player will prioritize the iPhone over other CD, DVD and Blu-ray media.
- If you have an iPhone 4S or earlier, you don't need a Lightning-to-30-pin adapter.
- Always insert an iPhone into the dock connector carefully to avoid damage to the dock or iPhone.
Items you will need
- iPhone dock adapter
- Lighting connector adapter (iPhone 5)
- Panasonic Blu-ray player remote control
- Hannah Johnston/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images