How to Find My PAC Number on My Mobile Phone

by Jesse Strickland

A Porting Authorization Code (PAC) is a code that your current mobile phone service provider must generate and give to you in order for you to migrate your current number to a different service provider. Your current service provider is obligated to issue a PAC to you within two business days, but you can then take up to a month to transfer the number. If you are still under contract with your current service provider, you will have to pay an early termination fee or pay off the rest of your contract.

Step 1

Do not cancel your current contract or disconnect service. To get a PAC, you must have a valid number with your current service provider.

Step 2

Call your service provider at their customer service number. Follow the automated instructions to speak with a live customer service agent.

Step 3

Ask the agent to send a PAC to you, which will be delivered by mail, text or email, depending on the company.

Use the PAC with a new service provider within 30 days of its issuance, because it will expire at that time.


  • It may take a few days to a couple of weeks for your new service provider to attach your old phone number to your new account. It will issue a temporary number during this process.

Video of the Day

Brought to you by Techwalla
Brought to you by Techwalla

More Articles