How to Make the Best Print Head Cleaning Solutionsby Elizabeth Grace
Replacing your print heads can sometimes cost more than just buying a new printer. Many times your printer cartridges aren't actually out of ink; they're just dry from lack of use. Before you replace your print head cartridges, try cleaning them with this homemade print head cleaning solution that will clear away the dried ink and make your printer head cartridges last much longer.
Place a cone-shaped coffee filter with the pointy end down in the opening of a 1 lb. glass jar.
Place one drop of dish soap with no lotion or antibacterial additives in the base of the coffee filter.
Add 1 tbsp. of isopropyl alcohol to the coffee filter.
Pour 1 1/2 cups of purified water through the coffee filter.
Screw the lid on tightly until ready to use.
- When you are ready to use your print head cleaning solution, pour 1 mm of your solution into a saucer and rest the nozzle of your print head in the solution. Use paper towels to soak up excess ink, and repeat until the print head is clean.
- Do not use liquid automatic dishwasher detergent instead of liquid dish soap. It will permanently damage your print heads.
Items you will need
- Cone-shaped coffee filter
- 1 lb. glass jar with lid
- 1 1/2 cups purified water
- 1 drop liquid dish soap with no lotion or antibacterial additives
- 1 tbsp. isopropyl alcohol
- printer cartridge image by hugy from Fotolia.com