Logging In to Yahoo Mail Using Facebook
By Brandy Alexander
Updated September 18, 2017
Yahoo Mail provides a way for you to check your email while using Facebook. This gives you the convenience of not having to leave the social media site. Using Yahoo Mail’s official Facebook page, use the provided “App” feature to access your mail. You just need to be logged in to Facebook to take advantage of it.
- Launch Facebook and log in to your account.
- Type “Yahoo Mail” in the search box and then press “Enter” to display the “Yahoo Mail” page. If you do not see this page, click the “Pages” option under the search box so that the Yahoo Mail page appears at the top of the list.
- Click the “Use App” button enclosed in the Yahoo Mail page box, and then click the “Sign In” box to access the “Yahoo Login” page. Alternately, click the "Yahoo Mail" page name, and then click the "Use App" button to access this feature directly on Yahoo's page.
- Click your email address if it displays on the page. Alternately, click the “Add Account” button to specify the Yahoo email account you want to access.
- Enter your login details when prompted and then click the “Sign In” button to view your email account as normal.
You can link Yahoo to Facebook so that you expand your Smart Contacts and include Facebook features like photos and status updates. After logging in to your Yahoo account, click the gear icon, click “Settings” from the drop-down list, click “Account Settings” and then “Facebook” to confirm you want to make the connection.
You have the option to import your Facebook contacts to Yahoo Mail, if you prefer. Log in to Yahoo Mail, click the “Contacts” icon, click the “Import Contacts” button under the Facebook section and then click the “Import” button next to Facebook. Log in to Facebook (if prompted) to automatically add any contacts to your Yahoo Mail account.
In the past, Yahoo provided the convenience of allowing users to log in to Facebook directly from the Yahoo Mail page. Yahoo no longer offers this service so as to provide a number of improvements including a streamlined Yahoo sign-in experience, better password recovery, a single account for all Yahoo products and an improved customer and account support.
Brandy Alexander has been writing professionally since 2001. She is a glass artist with a Web design and technical writing background. Alexander runs her own art-glass business and has been a contributor to "Glass Line Magazine" as well as various online publications.