How to Install a Zinwell Converter Boxby Cameron Easey
Digital converter boxes are needed to receive broadcast television signals. The transition to digital television that occurred between April 16 and June 12 of 2009 prevented analog television sets from receiving a broadcast signal without a digital converter box. If you have cable or satellite, a digital converter box is not necessary. Digital converter boxes are made by manufacturers, such as Zinwell, that you can easily connect to your existing analog television.
Attach the coax cable from your antenna to the digital converter. Make sure you are connecting the cable to the input marked "antenna."
Connect the Zinwell digital converter box to your television. You can use either a coax cable or an audio/video cable to connect the converter box.
Attach one end of the coax cable to the output on the digital converter box and the other end to the input on your television.
Attach one end of an audio/video cable to the audio/video output on the digital converter to the audio/video input on your television.
Turn on your television to set up the digital converter. The digital converter will use a specific station, such as 3 or 4, or a video/auxiliary input for the audio and video.
Turn on the digital converter and the Installation Guide should appear on the screen. You can choose either the "Quick" or "Custom" option to setup the converter.
- check You can purchase a digital converter box at retail stores such as Best Buy and Radio Shack.
- check The Zinwell digital converter uses a signal strength indicator that is used to adjust the antenna.
- check Refer to the instruction manual to scan for available channels in your area.
- close The unit should be unplugged from the wall outlet during a lightning storm or if it is not going to be used for an extended period.
- close If the unit does not have proper ventilation, it will not function properly.
Items you will need
- link Zinwell User Manual