How to Ship Packages From Home Via USPS Click-N-Ship Onlineby Contributor
Completely avoid the trips and endless lines at the post office by printing your own shipping labels and postage online.
Prepare and ship Priority Mail, Express Mail and International packages right from home, using the U.S. Postal Service Click-N-Ship service.
Navigate to USPS.com. Move your mouse to the "Register/Sign-in" tab. From the pop-up menu, type your username and password and click the "Sign In" button. If you don't have an account, click the "Sign Up" link. The Create Your USPS.com Account Web page appears. Select the type of account you want to create by selecting the "Personal" or "Business" radio button. In the appropriate fields, enter a username and password. From the drop-down menu, select a security question. Type your answer in the appropriate field and confirm by retyping in the appropriate field.
Sign In to your USPS Online Account. Select your shipping destination and click "Go."
Fill out and complete the "Label Information" page to prepare a shipping label for your package. This page includes the Return Address, Delivery Address, Package Information and Insurance Options.
Select your service type based on costs and delivery times. You can also include delivery confirmation, signature confirmation and insurance. At the bottom of this page, be sure to select "Purchase and print label with postage."
Review your Shipping Cart and pay for your shipping label by credit card. Click "Continue" to enter and complete your credit card billing Information.
Print your shipping label as instructed. View and print your confirmation. Then select "Request Carrier Pickup."
- If you don't have a postage scale and you know that your package weighs at least 1 pound, you can weigh your package using a bathroom scale. First, weigh yourself and write down your weight. Then, weigh yourself while holding your package. Subtract the difference to get the weight of your package. Always round up to the nearest pound.
- Check on the delivery status of your package easily by entering your label or receipt number under the Track & Confirm section.
- Requesting a carrier pickup is free. Requesting an On Demand Pickup will cost you a fee.
- If you are shipping Priority Mail, Express Mail or International you can order and get free USPS shipping supplies like, boxes, envelopes, labels and stickers by navigating to Click-and-Ship (sss-web.usps.com/cns/landing.do).
Items you will need
- USPS Click-N-Ship online account
- Credit card
- Siri Stafford/Lifesize/Getty Images