How to Download Flash Movies in Internet Explorerby Moriah Chesler
Flash movies are produced in Adobe Flash format as .SWF files. They are easily embedded in a website and viewable only with the Adobe Flash Player plug-in on your web browser. Flash movies are animations used for advertising, training and education. Flash advertisements are also popular in Google Adsense, a popular revenue resource for website publishers. The ability to download Flash movies is made possible by Source Tec Software's "SWF Catcher" tool, available for Internet Explorer and Firefox. Once installed, you can easily download Flash movies on any web page.
Launch Internet Explorer.
Go to a website that embeds Flash movies in it. For example, go to "http://www.amarasoftware.com/flash-animations/flash-theme-animations.htm".
Select "Tools>Sothink SWF Catcher" from the Internet Explorer menu. This will open up a pop-up window.
If the web page contains Flash movies, the pop-up window will list each one with a check box. The movies are checked by default.
Click on the name of a movie to preview it inside the box to the right.
Click the "Save" button at the bottom to save the checked Flash movies in the default path, "C:\Users\Username\Documents", where "Username" is the name of the active user on your computer. Change the destination folder in the "Save to" text box, if you want a different destination.
- Click on the "Settings" button at the bottom left to customize the settings of this program. Click on "Select All" or "Deselect All" to select or deselect all the movies in the pop-up window.
- Do not download copyrighted Flash software. Most downloaded software are for your own personal use and are not for redistribution or resale.
Items you will need
- Sothink SWF Catcher for Internet Explorer, version 3.3
- Internet Explorer, version 5.0 and up
- Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images