How to Delete Favorites in the Facebook App for iPhoneby Anthony Oster
The Favorites function in the iPhone's Facebook app enables you to organize your list of friends, giving you fast access to the people you contact the most. While previously, the Facebook and Facebook Messenger apps were two separate programs, the most recent update to the iPhone's Facebook App has merged the functionality of Facebook Messenger into the standard Facebook app. The Favorites list is linked directly to Facebook's chat feature, enabling you to send instant messages to friends who are online and leave private messages to those who are offline.
Launch the Facebook app on your iPhone. Touch any area in the app and slide your finger to the left to access the Favorites menu.
Tap "Edit" to remove friends from your Favorites list. You must first have friends saved to your Favorites list before you can remove anyone.
Select the red minus-sign-shaped icon next to the friend that you would like to remove from your Favorites list and then click "Done."
- You can add friends to your Favorites list by selecting "Edit," then pressing the green plus-sign-shaped icon next to your friend.
- Removing a friend from your Favorites list will not remove unwanted friends from your Friends list, or limit their access to your profile.
- Facebook Help Center: How do I Bookmark an App, Group or Page so it Stays in the Left-Hand Column of my Home Page?
- Facebook Help Center: I Can't Rearrange My Favorites in the Column to the Left of my News Feed.
- Facebook Help Center: Facebook for iPhone
- Facebook Help Center: Removing Friends
- Facebook Help Center: Messenger Basics