How to Delete an Email Address From Craigslist & Use a Current Oneby David Weedmark
If you want to delete your old email address associated with your Craigslist account, you need access to the old email account. As a security measure, Craigslist uses a two-step verification process, meaning that you need to confirm the email change on both the old account and the new one before the change will be accepted. This prevents anyone from hacking into your account and changing your email address without your consent. Craigslist lets you change the email address on your account once every 30 days.
Go to craigslist.org or your usual craigslist city page and click the "My Account" link in the upper left corner.
Enter your old email address or username and your password as prompted.
Click the "Account Settings" tab at the top of your account page.
Click the "Change" link beside your email address.
Type your new email address in both text fields and click the "Submit New Email Address" button.
Log in to your old email address and click the confirmation link sent to you from Craigslist to confirm the email address change. You have only 60 minutes to confirm the change from both accounts or Craigslist will cancel the request.
Log in to your new email address account and confirm the change there as well. Again, you only have 60 minutes to confirm the change request.
- check If you can't remember your password to log in to Craigslist, you can ask that a password reset be sent to your old email address.
- check If you no longer have access to your old email, you won't be able to change email addresses on your Craigslist account. You will need to create a new account. Craigslist doesn't allow you to use the same phone number to verify more than one account, so you will have to use a different phone number.
- close If you ever receive a confirmation request to change your email address from Craigslist, but you didn't request it, it's likely that someone is trying to hack into your account. You should immediately go to Craigslist and change your password.
- close Always look at the URL in the address bar of your Web browser to ensure you are on a real Craigslist page before trying to log in to your account or change any information on your account.
- photo_camera Joe Raedle/Getty Images News/Getty Images