How to Create Another Facebook Account for a Different Personby Dan Ketchum
In October of 2012, Facebook reached a massive milestone of more than 1 billion users across 200 sovereign territories, according to data reported by CNN. Staggering as the numbers may seem, not everyone has hopped on the social networking bandwagon. Even if it's been a while since you created your own Facebook account, guiding another person through the process is fairly painless.
Log out of your own Facebook account by clicking the Gear icon and selecting “Log Out” from the drop-down menu. This brings you to Facebook's main page, where you'll see a button that says “Sign Up.” Click on it to launch Facebook's sign up page -- you'll see a form with a collection of blank text fields.
Ask the person you're creating an account for to enter his or her first and last name in the “First Name” and “Last Name” fields, respectively, or type them in for your friend. Facebook requires each user to use his or her real name.
Type in your buddy's email address in the “Your Email” field and re-enter it in the “Re-enter Email” field. Facebook only allows one account per email address -- this email address cannot be associated with any currently active Facebook account.
Instruct the person you're helping out to enter a password for the Facebook account. The password must be at least six characters long, and Facebook recommends including a combination of letters, numbers and punctuation marks for optimal security.
Select the person's birth month, day and year from the drop-down menu, and click the box next to “Female” or “Male” to indicate that person's gender. Have the person read Facebook's Terms and Data Use Policy, which you can reach by clicking on “Terms” or “Data Use Policy” before finalizing the account. Click the “Sign Up” button to create this Facebook account.
- Facebook accounts are for individual use -- you can't share an account with someone, according to Facebook's official policies.
- You have to be at least 13 years old to sign up for Facebook, so you can't create an account for anyone under that age.
- Once the account has been created, Facebook will guide you and your buddy through the process of finding Facebook friends and adding information to the personal Timeline such as interests, photos, location, employment info and more. Make sure your buddy clicks the settings icon to customize the account's Facebook privacy preferences.
- You also can help someone open a Facebook account on a mobile phone. Visit Facebook in the phone's browser or download and open the Facebook app. Click on the “Sign up” link in the log in section, fill in the name and birthday info, enter the person's mobile number or email address and then pick a password. Click “Sign Up” to complete the process.
- Creatas Images/Creatas/Getty Images