How to Convert a JPEG to PDF Formatby Michelle Carvo ; Updated October 02, 2017
You can convert your JPEG image to a PDF file by using either Windows 10’s built-in PDF function or several other online options that are all free to use. The online options work in a web browser on any operating system.
Use Windows 10’s Print to PDF Feature
Windows 10 includes a Print to PDF feature that can be used to save any type of document or image as a PDF file. You can use this to print your JPEG image as a PDF by following these steps.
- Right-click your JPEG image and select “Open With” and then “Photos” to open the image in Microsoft’s Photos app. Wait for the program to load.
- Click the “...” button in the top-right corner of the Photo app and then click “Print.”
- Click the downward facing arrow under Printer and click “Microsoft Print to PDF.”
- Select “Landscape” for the orientation, “Full Page” for the photo size and then click “Print.”
- Type in a name for the PDF file and then select what folder you would like it to be saved in. Click the “Save” button to complete the conversion of your JPEG file to a PDF file in Windows 10.
Use Save as PDF in Google Chrome
You can still save JPEGs as PDFs even if you do not have the Windows 10 operating system on your computer by using the free Google Chrome browser. Follow these steps to save your JPEG as a PDF in Chrome.
- Right-click your JPEG image and then select “Open With” and then “Google Chrome” to open the image in Google Chrome.
- Click the three vertical dots in the right hand corner to open the Chrome menu and then click “Print," or press "Ctrl" and "P" at the same time.
- Click the “Change” button next to Destination and then click “Save as PDF” under Local Destination.
- Click the “Print” button and then type in a name for your PDF file. Select the folder that you would like to save it in. Click “Save” to complete the JPEG to PDF conversion.
Use “Save as PDF” in Mozilla Firefox
You can just as easily convert a JPEG to PDF if you use Mozilla Firefox rather than Chrome as your browser.
- Right-click your JPEG and click “Open With” and then click “Mozilla Firefox” to open the JPEG in Mozilla Firefox.
- Click the three horizontal lines in the right hand corner to open the Firefox menu and then click “Print.”
- Click the “PDF” option in Print options and then click “Save as PDF.”
- Type in a name for your PDF file and then click “Save” to convert your JPEG to a PDF file.
Use a JPEG to PDF Website
You can instead use a JPEG to PDF conversion website to convert your JPEG to a PDF file if you do not want to use Chrome or Firefox. Websites like jpg2pdf.com, smallpdf.com, pdfonline.com and ilovepdf.com all allow you to upload your JPEG file to their website and receive a PDF file of the image.