How to Connect AT&T U-verse Remotes to New TVsby Richard Bowen
The instructions that come with your U-verse remote lists codes specific to your brand of TV. To program your TV to work with the remote, you program codes into the remote. After you enter the correct code, you can use the remote to operate your TV, including power, channel selection and volume. If the instructions do not list codes for your brand of TV, you can use the remote to perform a search for the correct code.
Install the Batteries
Press the recessed tab on the back of the remote to remove the battery cover.
Install the two AA batteries matching the + and ‒ signs on the diagram inside the battery compartment with the positive and negative battery terminals.
Close the cover and press the AT&T button on the remote. If you installed the batteries correctly, the AT&T button illuminates when you press it.
Manually Programming the Remote
Turn on your TV.
Press and hold the "TV" button on the remote.
Continue to hold the TV button and simultaneously press the "OK" button.
Release both buttons; all buttons on the remote will flash twice.
On the remote’s numbered keypad, enter one of the codes specific to your brand of TV. The TV button flashes three times if the code you entered is correct. The button flashes once if you entered an incorrect code.
To verify correct operation, aim the remote at your TV and press the "Power" button. The TV should turn off. If it does not, repeat the process from the beginning.
After you enter the correct code, you can use the remote to operate your TV.
Using the Automatic Search
Turn on your TV.
While aiming the remote at the TV, press and hold both the "TV" and the "OK" buttons on the remote. The buttons will flash twice, which indicates the remote is in programming mode.
On the remote’s keypad, enter "922." The TV button flashes twice if you enter these numbers correctly.
Press and hold "Play" on the remote until the TV turns off, which indicates the remote found the correct code.
Press "Enter" or "Exit" to save the code; the TV button flashes three times and the remote returns to normal operation.
Turn the TV back on and use the remote to control its operation. If you want to use the remote to operate the U-verse TV receiver rather than your TV, press the AT&T button on the remote.
- check Alkaline batteries work best in the remote.
- check The AT&T; User Guide may list more than one code for your brand of TV. If so, enter codes until the remote accepts the code specific to your TV.
- check If you take too long to enter the code and the session times out, or if you enter code incorrectly, repeat the process from the beginning.
- check When searching automatically for a code, you can use the use the Rew button to move backward to search for a code and the FF button to move forward through the codes. Press the "Play" button to resume the search.
Items you will need
- photo_camera Flying Colours Ltd/Digital Vision/Getty Images