How to Connect a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 to a TV With an HDMIby Melissa King
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 records videos and takes pictures, but it's tough to share your content with others on a small screen. You can entertain your family, friends and guests by connecting your Tab to a high-definition TV. To make the connection, you'll need to hook your device to the Galaxy Tab HDTV adapter. The device works with any TV that has an HDMI port. Only the 10-inch Galaxy Tab 2 supports the adapter, however. The adapter doesn't work with the 7-inch version of the tablet, because it does not support HDMI output.
Connect one end of an HDMI cable to the Samsung Galaxy Tab HDTV adapter.
Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to a free HDMI port on your television.
Connect your Galaxy Tab's travel charger to the other end of the HDTV adapter. Plug the travel charger into a power source, such as an electrical outlet or a computer's USB port.
Plug the HDTV adapter connector into the Galaxy Tab's "Power/Accessory Interface" port. The port is on the bottom of the device.
Turn on the TV. If your TV has multiple HDMI ports, use the remote control to switch to the correct one. Press the "Source" or "Input" button on the remote to switch ports. When you're using the correct port, the TV will instantly display whatever is on the Tab's screen.
- The 7-inch version of the Tab 2 doesn't support HDMI connections. As an alternative, use Samsung's AllShare Play app. It lets you connect the tablet to your TV through a Wi-Fi network.
- You can't use the HDTV adapter to display most DRM-protected content on your TV. This includes videos, pictures and music.
- If you connect the HDTV adapter to a desktop dock, your TV may not display any image.
- If your device doesn't support HDMI output, you can use the included AllShare Play app as an alternative. This app works with TVs that support the Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) standard. To start, connect your Galaxy Tab and TV to the same Wi-Fi network. Launch AllShare Play on your tablet, then choose a video, photo or music file. Select your TV from the list of connected devices. Your content will appear on the TV screen.
- Sean Gallup/Getty Images News/Getty Images