How to Connect a Canon GL2 MiniDV 3CCD Camcorder to a Computerby Irene A. Blake
A Canon GL2 MiniDV 3CCD Camcorder is a professional camcorder that offers wired camcorder-to-computer data transfer through an included Canon model IFC-300PCU USB cable. Connecting the cable to your camcorder and computer takes little effort as long as you have installed the Canon Digital Video Solution software that includes, among other programs, the driver software that makes communication/data transfer between the two devices possible. Once you've installed this software, you only need to physically connect the USB cable between your GL2 and computer and finish any software installation requirements as directed on screen.
Close all open programs on your computer.
Open the disc tray on your computer and place the Canon Digital Video Solution disc on the tray. Close the tray and wait for the installation software to load. Follow the onscreen instructions to set up the Canon Digital Video Solution software.
Plug the power adapter that came with your Canon GL2 MiniDV 3CCD Camcorder into the camcorder and an electrical socket.
Insert the IFC-300PCU USB cable into the "USB" port located on the back of your camcorder beneath the "DV IN/OUT" port. Plug the other end of the USB cable into a USB port on your computer.
Slide the "Power" switch to the "Play(VCR)" position and the "Card/Tape" switch to the "Card" position. Wait for the automatic driver installer software to load. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the driver software installation to finish connecting the two devices.
- check If the computer won't recognize the connection after you physically connect the camcorder to your computer, unplug any other devices plugged into the other USB ports on your computer and try again. Note: You don't need to unplug the mouse or keyboard (if applicable).
- close Don't connect your camcorder to a computer until you've installed the Canon Digital Video Solution disc driver and other software.
- close Don't unplug the USB cable if the computer enters "Sleep" or "Standby" mode. Always wake the computer before unplugging.
- close Never plug the USB cable into a USB hub.
Items you will need
- photo_camera Jupiterimages/BananaStock/Getty Images