How to Clean a Dell Inspiron Screenby Kurt Erickson
Restoring the crystal-clear display of your Dell Inspiron laptop screen is a function of using the proper cleaning method and products that won't damage or dull the screen. The screen is not like a window, so commercial window cleaners containing ammonia are not acceptable to use. Nor should abrasive materials be used to wipe down the screen.
Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord and battery.
Gently wipe the screen with a soft, dry cloth to remove dust and other buildup. Do not use paper towels, which can scratch the display.
If marks remain on the screen, mix one part isopropryl alcohol with one part water to make a cleaning solution. Slightly dampen a cloth and gently wipe the cloth down the monitor screen, starting from the top.
Allow the Dell Inspiron screen to dry fully before closing the laptop or using the computer.
- Do not spray or pour liquid directly on the LCD screen.
- Never clean the screen while the computer is on.
- Do not use solutions that contain acetone, ethyl alcohol, toluene, ethyl acid, ammonia or methyl chloride.
- Many cleaning solutions are sold specifically as LCD cleaners and can be used on Dell laptops.
- Cloths used to clean eyeglasses are excellent to use for cleaning your laptop screen.
- Hemera Technologies/AbleStock.com/Getty Images