How to Check a Yahoo Mail Proxy From an Anonymous Proxy Serverby Michelle CarvoUpdated October 06, 2017
VPN services allow you to visit websites without being tracked and can also be a good workaround solution for websites that are blocked by your workplace or school. You can check your Yahoo mail account anonymously by connecting to a VPN.
Choose a VPN Service
You can check your Yahoo mail from an anonymous server using a VPN service for Windows. There are several different paid VPN service options for Windows including ExpressVPN, NordVPN, CyberGhost and Hide.me. Most of these services offer a free trial, although if you want to use a permanently free option, you will need to consider using a web browser-based VPN as we cover in a later section.
Choose a VPN service and then set it up on your Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 computer.
Connect From Windows 7
- Click the “Start” button in your taskbar and then click the search bar on the menu that appears. Type VPN into this search bar and then click “Set up a virtual private network (VPN) connection).
- Type in the IP address or domain server that your VPN service gives you and then click “Next.”
- Type in your username and password for this VPN service and then click “Connect.” You can disconnect your VPN connection by clicking the Network icon in your taskbar and then clicking the VPN connection and selecting “Disconnect.” Reconnect by clicking the “Network” icon and then clicking “Connect” under VPN connection.
- Launch your web browser while connected to the VPN and then check your Yahoo mail. You will be anonymously connected to Yahoo mail.
Connect From Windows 8/10
Click the “Start” button and then click “Settings” followed by “Network & Internet.”
- Click the “VPN” option in the network settings and then click “Add a VPN connection.”
- Follow the on-screen prompts to enter your VPN’s IP address, type of VPN connection, username and password. Your VPN service will tell you what to use for each of these fields.
- Click “Save.”
- Click the “Network” icon on the right side of the taskbar and then click “VPN.”
- Click “Connect” to connect to your VPN. You will be prompted to enter your username and password again. You can disconnect your connection by clicking the “Network” icon and then clicking “VPN” followed by “Disconnect.”
- Launch any web browser while connected to the VPN to access Yahoo mail anonymously.
Using Web Browsers
Most VPN services that use the Windows VPN service are not free. You can instead find free VPN options for browsers like Chrome and Firefox. These are extensions or add-ons that, when implemented, make your web browser and everything you visit in it anonymous. Free Chrome VPN extensions include DotVPN, SetupVPN, Betternet Unlimited Free VPN and SafeVPN, while free Firefox add-ons include Hoxx VPN, SetupVPN and ZenMate. Connect to any of these and then you can check your Yahoo mail from an anonymous server.
Alternatively you can install the free Opera browser and use the browser’s built-in VPN feature.