How to Check If Your Facebook Message Has Been Readby Will Conley
Facebook lets you see whether someone has read your sent private message on the Facebook website or inside any Facebook mobile application. It works for single recipients as well as multiple recipients. In the latter case, Facebook shows you which of your recipients has seen the message so you can verify whether a particular friend is in the loop. This feature is integrated into all Facebook accounts, so there is nothing additional to set up to make it function.
Log in to Facebook and select the "Messages" icon in the menu bar. This displays your most recent conversations in a drop-down list.
Select "See All" at the bottom of the drop-down list to navigate to your full conversation list.
Select the name of the recipient in the conversation list. This displays the conversation with the most recently sent message at the bottom.
Look for the "Seen" notification below the most recently sent message. The notification includes the date and time at which it was seen. If the notification appears, the recipient saw your message. If it does not appear, the recipient has not yet seen the message via Facebook.
- If the "Seen" message does not appear, there is a chance your recipient saw a copy of the message via his email account. At the time of this writing, there is no way to verify whether this is the case for any particular message.
- Facebook Help Center: How Do I Know If a Friend Has Seen a Message I Sent?
- BostInno: “Seen By:” The Facebook Feature That Tells the World If You’ve Read a Post
- Tested: Facebook Adds a Way to See If Your Correspondent Has Seen Your Message
- WebProNews: Facebook’s “Message Seen” Feature Is Your Obsessive Girlfriend’s Dream Come True