How to Change Batteries in a Logitech MX Laser Mouseby Matt Koble
Logitech has multiple laser mouse models under the MX name. While the wired MX models get their power from the computer they're connected to, the wireless ones get their power from batteries. Because mice are used constantly, their batteries need to be replaced or recharged periodically. Doing so only takes a few minutes and is similar to replacing batteries in other electronic devices.
Slide the battery door release latch on the bottom of the mouse to unlock the battery bay. Pull the cover away from the mouse.
Place at least one AA battery into the battery bay. Line up the positive and negative ends of the battery according to the symbols inside the battery bay.
Slide the battery bay cover back into place and push it down to fasten it to the mouse.
Performance Mouse MX
Switch the power switch on the bottom of the mouse to the "Off" position. Slide a fingernail or thin object into the indent at the edge of the battery cover and gently pry the cover loose, setting it aside.
Place one AA NiHM battery into the slot. Align the battery so the positive side faces the back of the mouse.
Slide the battery cover back onto the mouse and press it in to fasten the cover. Turn the power switch to the "On" position.
Anywhere Mouse MX
Push down on the battery cover's indented square near the front of the mouse and push backwards, toward the back of the mouse. Remove the battery cover and set it aside.
Insert two AA alkaline batteries into the mouse. Use the plus and minus signs on the mouse to properly align the batteries.
Slide the battery cover back onto the mouse from the back, lining up the notch in the front of the battery cover. Slide the laser cover to the "On" position to turn the mouse on.
- If you are unsure of which MX mouse model you have, inspect the documentation that came with the mouse.
- The MX Revolution's lithium-ion battery cannot be replaced.
Items you will need
- Logitech: MX 1100 Technical Specifications
- Logitech: MX 1100 Cordless Laser Mouse User's Guide
- Logitech: Changing the Battery in my Performance Mouse MX
- Logitech: Anywhere Mouse MX Battery Life Information
- Logitech: Anywhere Mouse MX Quick Start Guide
- Logitech: Charging the Battery in my MX Revolution