How to Find APC UPS Battery Via Serial Numberby Peter Hall
APC is a leading manufacturer of uninterruptible power supplies for everything from a desktop computer to a data center. A UPS is basically a rechargeable battery that is designed to allow you to turn off your computer gracefully in the event of a power outage. Like all rechargeable batteries, the UPS battery needs to be replaced from time to time.
Finding the Correct Battery
Locate the serial number sticker on your UPS. It will be either on the bottom or the rear of the unit. Use the flashlight if you need more light under a desk. The model number is on the top of the sticker, it will be made up of letters and numbers. The serial number is at the bottom of the sticker. It also contains letters and numbers.
Open the APC online upgrade selector website. Use the link in the Resource section.
Choose your country from the drop-down menu.
Enter the model number, not the serial number, from the serial number plate into the APC upgrade selector, and click the "Next" button.
Record the replacement battery cartridge number from the upgrade tool.
- check It may be easier to find the serial number plate if you unplug the UPS first, depending on how your workstation is configured.
- check Do not use the model number from the front or top of the UPS. APC often changes the design of a model over the course of manufacturing.
- check Please recycle your used battery. APC offers free recycling of the old battery.
- close Be careful not to unplug devices from the UPS while they are powered on. You could be shocked, or your equipment can be damaged.
- close Power down the UPS and all attached devices before replacing the battery.
Items you will need
- photo_camera Ablestock.com/AbleStock.com/Getty Images