How to Get Access to Cell Phone Records From Verizon
By Michelle Carvo
Updated October 16, 2017
You can access to your Verizon cellphone records, including your most recent Verizon Wireless bill, through several different methods.
Who Can Access Records
Verizon allows only the account owner and authorized users to access cellphone records and other account information. You can make someone an authorized user by assigning that person as an account manager. Log into your Verizon Wireless account and click the "My Profile" link followed by "Assign Account Managers." Type in the name and email address for the person that you would like to make an account manager and then click "Save." Account managers can see all of your billing information.
Accessing Records on the Verizon Wireless Website
Visit Verizonwireless.com to access your most recent bill, Verizon Wireless data usage by line, text message data and other information. You can access this data by doing the following:
- Enter your phone number or user ID, then click the "Sign In" button. You may be prompted to type in your secret question answer if you are logging in from a device that you have not recently logged in from.
- Enter your password and click the "Continue" button.
- Click "Bill Summary" to see an overall summary of the charges on your bill. If you're interested in analyzing phone usage on your account in more detail, click "Charges By Line" to see call information broken down by each phone line on your account. Click a previous month in the month drop-down menu to see older data.
Verizon stores up to 12 months of cell phone records on the site, so if you want to keep records for longer, you will need to save the records yourself. You can save any of these records as a PDF or Excel document by clicking the link on the records page.
Accessing Records on My Verizon App
Verizon offers a My Verizon app on Android and iPhone devices that can be used to access cell phone records on your Verizon account. You can access these records by doing the following:
- Download the My Verizon app from the Google Play or Apple App Store.
- Log into your Verizon account with your username and password.
- Tap the "Menu" option in the top-left corner of the app and then tap "Bill." Tap the "View bill details" option and then tap "View paper bill" to see the line-by-line details for your Verizon account. You can see records of calls made/received and summaries of text/data usage on the bill.
- Tap the "History" button to see data for other months.
Note that the data available on the My Verizon app is limited compared to that on the website, as you can't perform certain functions, such as filtering the data.
- If you're wondering if you're on the right calling plan, you can select the "Run Usage Analysis" option from your account home page. The site will compare your usage history with your plan selection and guide you to select another plan if appropriate.
Michelle Carvo has been writing professionally since 2006, contributing to a variety of websites. She is also a technical writer with extensive experience in Android/iPhone development and PC repair. Carvo holds a Bachelor of Science in computer information systems from the University of Michigan-Flint and works as an IT project manager.