How to Play "Majora's Mask" on Wiiby Dan KetchumUpdated September 22, 2017
Just as Link's magical ocarina bends time to the green-hatted hero's will, you can travel back to the year 2000 -- the game's original release date -- to experience The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask on your Wii or Wii U console using Nintendo's Virtual Console service. As long as you have enough Wii Points and a compatible controller, you'll be battling Skull Kid and saving the land of Termina from the looming moon in no time.
To download a digital version of this Nintendo 64 classic, access the Wii Shop Channel from the Wii's Home menu, then go to the Virtual Console, a digital collection of retro games. If you don't have enough Wii Points to download Majora's Mask, use your credit card to add points to your balance via the "Add Wii Points" button.
To play N64 games such as Majora's Mask on your Wii, you'll need a Wii Remote and a Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro. If your Wii is equipped with GameCube controller ports, you can also use a GameCube controller.
The Wii U Angle
While Majora's Mask hasn't hit the Wii U's Virtual Console as of early 2015, you can access the original Wii Shop Channel from your Wii U by going to the console's Wii Menu. The Wii Shop Channel is not available on the Wii Mini. For portable players, Nintendo released the updated The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D for its 3DS line of handhelds in 2015.
- Nintendo: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
- Nintendo: Wii/Wii Mini: Wii Shop Channel Overview
- Nintendo: Wii/Wii Mini: How to Download Wii Shop Channel Items
- Nintendo: Wii/Wii Mini: Which Types of Controllers Can Be Used with WiiWare/Virtual Console Games?
- Nintendo: Wii U: Play Wii Games on Wii U
- Nintendo: Wii Mini
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D: Official Site
- Nintendo: Wii/Wii Mini: How to Add Wii Points with a Credit Card
- Sandy Huffaker/Getty Images News/Getty Images