How to Transfer Pictures From the Samsung Impression Memory Cardby C. Taylor
Samsung's SGH-A877 Impression cell phone for AT&T supports microSD memory cards up to 16GB in capacity. This default save location allows you to take countless photos with the Impression's integrated 3 megapixel digital camera. Transferring the photos to your computer is accomplished using a USB connection cable. However, the microSD card also can be removed and read by your computer's card reader, but you may need an SD card adapter if your card reader does not support the microSD card.
Press "Menu | Settings | Connectivity | Bluetooth" on your Samsung Impression.
Press the active "Bluetooth" icon to disable it. If Bluetooth is already disabled, just continue to the next step.
Press "Menu | Settings | Connectivity | USB Mode | Mass Storage | Save."
Insert the smaller end of the USB cable to the Impression's charging port and plug the other end into your computer's USB port.
On your computer, select "Open Folder to View Files" to open Windows Explorer and see the files on the cell phone's storage device.
Double-click the "Pictures" folder.
Click and drag pictures from the Impression to another location on your computer hard drive to copy them.
Power down your Samsung Impression by pressing and holding the "End" key.
Slide the back cover off and lift the battery out of the device.
Press in on the microSD card and release it to make the card pop out. Grab the card and gently pull it out of the slot.
Insert the microSD card into your computer's card reader. Many card readers do not support microSD cards, but inserting it into an SD card reader allows it to be read as a standard-sized SD card.
Click "Open Folder to View Files" from the AutoPlay window to view the card in Windows Explorer.
Click and drag the pictures from the Pictures folder to another location on your hard drive to copy them.
Items you will need
- link Samsung: How Do I Transfer Pictures or Videos Between My SGH-A877 (Impression) Phone And My Computer?
- link Samsung: How Do I Turn On And Off Bluetooth On My SGH-A877 (Impression) Phone?
- link Samsung: What Are USB Settings And How Do I Use Them On My SGH-A877 (Impression) Phone?
- link Samsung: How Do I Insert Or Remove The Memory Card On My SGH-A877 (Impression) Phone?
- link Samsung: SGH-a877 Series User Manual
- photo_camera sd - karte front image by Otmar Smit from Fotolia.com