How to Transfer Acrobat From One PC to Anotherby Chad Davis
Software you've previously installed can be transferred to another computer through the license activation process. Depending on your license, you may have to deactivate your Adobe software on one computer before installing it on another. In Acrobat, you can choose to deactivate the licensing for the product or suspend your activation temporarily. After you've deactivated Acrobat, you can use your serial number to activate the software on your new computer. You can install Acrobat using the original software disc, or by downloading the software from Adobe's website.
How to Deactivate Acrobat
Open Acrobat on the computer on which you no longer wish to use the software.
Click the "Help" file menu, and then click "Deactivate…"
Select one of the deactivation options. Click "Deactivate" or "Suspend Activation" to temporarily deactivate the software. Click "Deactivate Permanently" to permanently deactivate the software. You will need to enter the serial number to reactivate the software on this computer.
How to Activate Acrobat
Install Acrobat on your new computer. For example, use the software installation disc or download an installation file from the My Adobe website.
Run Acrobat on your new computer, enter your serial number when prompted by Adobe, and then click the "Activate" button. Acrobat will attempt to communicate your licensing information with its servers.
Click "Help" in the top file menu of Acrobat and then click "Activate." If only "Deactivate…" is available, then your software has been activated successfully.
- check To download your installation file from the My Adobe website, click the "My Orders" link and then click "Download" next to the Acrobat Pro entry.
- check To download a trial version of Acrobat to activate after you've installed it, click the "Download" tab on the My Adobe website, "Product Trials" and then the "Try" link under the Acrobat Pro entry. Follow the instructions to download and install the software.
- check If you acquired Acrobat through a bundle on a new computer, you may need to contact your computer's manufacturer to obtain license information for your software.
- close Information in this article applies to Adobe Acrobat XI. Steps may vary slightly or significantly with other versions.
- photo_camera Ciaran Griffin/Lifesize/Getty Images