How to Set Up an Email Address for Straight Talkby Melissa King
Once you've activated your phone with Walmart's Straight Talk wireless service, you're ready to set up your email account. Android smartphones, for example, require you to set up a Gmail account before you can use certain Google services and apps. Most phones sold by Straight Talk also support other major email providers, such as AOL, Hotmail, Yahoo and corporate email accounts.
Go to your phone's home screen and select "Email."
Enter your email address and password, and then tap "Next."
Select your account type on the following screen. Tap "Next."
Review the settings in the Incoming Server and Outgoing Server fields. For most major email providers, your phone will fill in these settings automatically, so you shouldn't need to change them. Tap "Next."
Tap "Next [Check]" to connect to the Internet and verify your account information. If the phone cannot verify your server settings, contact your email service provider for help.
Change your account settings, such as download options and email-checking frequency, if desired.
Tap "Done" to finish setup. It may take up to 30 seconds for your email to sync to the phone.
- check A Gmail account is required for Android phones. If you don't already have one, you will be prompted to set up an account the first time you use the phone.
- check Depending on your phone model, you may need to download your email application from the Android marketplace before setting up an account.
- check If you have a corporate email account, you might need to adjust the server settings on your phone. Contact your account admin for the correct settings.
- check You must activate your phone with Straight Talk before setting up an email account. To activate, call 1-877-430-CELL from another phone.
- photo_camera Jupiterimages/Brand X Pictures/Getty Images