How to Remove Yahoo Gamesby eHow Internet Editor
Yahoo games are a fun and often educational way to pass time, but there are several reasons why you may want to remove games you have installed on your computer through Yahoo. It is easy to remove Yahoo games from your computer in just seconds. You can also delete games files from your Internet browser.
Remove Yahoo Games in a Few Easy Steps
Go to the 'Start' menu on your computer and select 'Computer.' Click on 'Uninstall or Change a Program.'
Select the Yahoo game you wish to remove from the list and click 'Uninstall/Change.' A window will appear asking if you are sure. Click 'Yes' to continue.
Restart your computer when it has finished uninstalling the game.
Check your computer to be sure that the game has been completely removed. Follow the same process for any other downloaded games you wish to remove.
Remove a Yahoo Game File From Internet Explorer
Choose the 'View' option from the web browser's toolbar.
Select 'Internet Options' and choose the 'General' tab.
Click on the 'Settings' option. You'll find this located in the 'Temporary Internet Files' section.
Choose 'View Objects' and highlight the Yahoo game file you intend to remove.
Select 'File' and then opt to 'Remove Program File.'
Click on the 'Yes' button to confirm this action.
Be aware that deleting a game file does not mean the entire program has been removed. The next time you start the game, a fresh game file will automatically load.
- check Check your operating system manual for specific directions on adding and removing programs. The following instructions are given based on Windows Vista operating software.
- check If your Yahoo game isn't working, don't assume that you must remove and reinstall the program files. Sometimes clearing the cache on your browser is all it takes.
- check Access Yahoo Help for further support using Yahoo games or other features (see Resources below).
- close Exercise caution when removing files from your computer. Be sure that what you are removing is a Yahoo game and not an important program required to run your operating system.
- close Be mindful of your private information when you play Yahoo games. Some games allow you to interact with other Yahoo members, but you do not want to reveal any personal information (such as your phone number or email address) to these people.