How to Open a New Yahoo! Mail Accountby eHow Contributor
Yahoo! is one of many online providers that offer free email services. When you sign up for a Yahoo! mail account, you also gain access to your very own contact list, Yahoo! Calendar, Yahoo! Notepad and unlimited storage space for your saved emails. Setting up your new Yahoo! mail account is quick and easy.
Open up your Internet browser and go to Yahoo.com.
Click "Mail" on the upper left-hand side of the Web page.
Click the yellow "Create New Account" box.
Fill out the top portion of the Yahoo! Registration form providing your name, gender, birthday, country and postal code.
Pick your Yahoo! user ID and password. Your Yahoo! user ID will also be your email address. Type the user ID into the appropriate field Yahoo! will make sure the user ID is available. If so, type and retype your desired password in the next two fields. If not, select another user ID and continue to "Check" until you find one available.
Provide an alternate email and pick your account security question and answer. Yahoo! stores this information in the event you forget your password and to protect your account.
- check Do not give your password out.
- check Always sign out of your Yahoo! mail account when you are done.
- close Remember your user name and passwords
- close NEVER-Do not give your passwords out
- close Always sign out when you are done.
- photo_camera Medioimages/Photodisc/Photodisc/Getty Images