How to Import Your Blog To Facebookby eHow Contributor
How to Import Your Blog To Facebook. If you already keep a blog of your own, you definitely don't want to repeat yourself on every social networking Web site you join. Facebook lets you import your own external blog as notes on your profile, so you can keep your friends up-to-date without repeating yourself.
Import Your Blog
Head to the "My Notes" page once you have logged in to Facebook from the home page (see Resources below).
Click on "Import a Blog" in the Notes Setting box.
Enter the URL or RSS feed of your blog in the form provided. Be sure to select the box confirming your ownership rights and click the "Start Importing" link.
Confirm that Facebook found the correct blog and choose to "Continue" or "Cancel" depending on the results. You can't edit external blog posts from within Facebook.
Keep blogging! Facebook will automatically add your new blog posts as notes on your profile.
Set the Privacy Level of Your Blog
Log in to Facebook and go to the "My Privacy" page (see Resources below).
Edit the settings for the "Friends, Notes, and Facebook Development Platform" section.
In the Notes section, use the drop-down box to select the level of privacy you want your notes to have. The default setting is that everyone on Facebook can see your notes. Be sure to 'Save' your changes.
Go to the "My Notes" page and "Edit Notes Privacy." Since you are importing your blog to Facebook, you will need to change the privacy levels of the notes if you don't want everyone to read them.
Choose exactly who you want to comment on or subscribe to your blog. The default is that anyone who can see your blog can post comments. You may want to turn comments off entirely, so people head to the external blog to add their two cents.
- check If your main URL is not the home page of your blog, be sure to enter the URL of your actual blog.
- check You can stop importing your blog entries at any time by editing the import settings.
- check See the Facebook help section if your blog is not importing correctly (see Resources below).
- close If you write too often in your blog, Facebook may stop importing your notes.
- close Even if you select your notes to be seen by "Only Me," people you tagged may also read the note related to the tag. Do not tag a note or photo with someone you do not want reading your notes.
Items you will need
- link Facebook Help Center
- photo_camera Thinkstock Images/Comstock/Getty Images
Click here to provide feedback on this article