How to Display a PNG on an iPhoneby Avery Martin
After saving or downloading a photo on your iPhone, the images are sent to your Camera Roll located within the Camera app. To view these images, you simply need to open the Camera Roll and swipe left or right to view your images, including images stored in the PNG format. Once inside Camera Roll, you can set advanced options, making it possible to do more than simply view the image within the app. With the iPhone, you can show your images to friends and family at get-togethers and take all of your photos with you on the go.
Add the picture to your camera roll by touching and holding the image. Then, select "Save Image" when prompted.
Tap the "Camera" app and then select the Camera Roll button.
Swipe left on the screen until you locate the file you want to view.
Tap the boxed-arrow icon and then select an option to display your photo on your iPhone. You can assign the image to a contact or set it as a background image on your Lock Screen or Home Screen.
- check Tap "Assign to Contact" to select a contact to which you can attach the photo.
- check Select "Use as Wallpaper" to set the picture as the iPhone background, then tap "Set."
- check Tap "Set Lock Screen," "Set Home Screen" or "Set Both" to display the photo on your Lock Screen or Home Screen.
- check If the PNG image won't show up, it is possible you have a corrupted file. Try opening the file on your computer in Paint on Windows, or Preview on Mac. Save the image file again, then send it back to your iPhone and try to view it again.
- photo_camera Spencer Platt/Getty Images News/Getty Images